Favourite animators/production designers: Gekidan Inu Curry (劇団イヌカレー)
- Gekidan Inu Curry are an animation troupe famous for their designs of the witches and the witches’ otherworld in Puella Magi Madoka☆Magica. Their techniques draw inspiration from Russian animation and Czech animation. They utilize stop-motion animation and coloring that resembles hand-drawn illustrations.
- Their pen names are 2shiroinu (2白犬) and Doroinu (泥犬). 2shiroinu, or Ayumi Shiraishi (白石 亜由美), is a former Gainax animator. Doroinu, or Yousuke Anai, worked at Tanto Do-GA Studio. (source)
- NND video of openings, endings and music videos made by Gekidan Inu Curry
- tumblr blog dedicated to Gekidan Inu Curry
- Japanese wikipedia + sakuga wiki
- Don’t forget to click the gifs for the titles!
It’s alive! Buried deep in the Siberian permafrost scientists found a ‘giant virus’ that has been asleep for 30,000 years. Named Pithovirus sibericum, it contains 500 genes and was revived in the lab. The researchers are now trying to assess if ancient viruses such as this one could pose a threat for humans. via Science Alert/fb
Let’s hope this wasn’t the stupidest thing we’ve ever done.
there are about 16046540210 movies that explain exactly why this could be the stupidest thing we’ve ever done
Tips for dealing with Designers:
1: Don’t belittle the skill and effort it takes to make designs.
2: Don’t assume you can do what we spent years trainings to do just because you took one class in high school or college way back when. (unless you’re a prodigy)
3: Don’t expect good results from vauge, unrealistic requests.
4: Don’t try to worm your way out of paying when its clear you can. (charities excluded)
Now I realize some people not might realize what they are saying is rude and I am willing to forgive your ignorance, but if you talk like this to a designer you are a jerk.
For the folks over at Clientsfromhell.net whose horror stories (submitted by anonymous designers, photographers and other various professions both creative and not) have inspired this comic. This comic is for you.
Shingeki no kyojin「進撃の巨人」(Attack on Titan) creator Hajime Isayama revealed in an interview with white-screen.jp that although he had an ending planned when the series began, there is a possibility that the finalized ending might be different, due to new characters and settings. He also added that he has been thinking of creating an ending where everyone died , but after gaining so many fans after the airing of the anime, he is wavering over whether he should betray his fans in such a way. He told white-screen.jp that he wants to betray his fans, he is unsure of whether he should do it.
I think I can verify that the lower picture, that’s supposed to be Eren’s eye, was already displayed in the anime when Eren was dreaming. He literally dreamt about his entire life including his own death. But what I don’t understand is why on earth would mangaka Hajime Isayama expose the ending already now? It’s too suspicious and honestly I want it changed in order to keep watching the show.